Share Our Forum With Your Friends!

Came here after receiving the sad news that Autism Connect plans to close down. I wish all the best to this forum as an alternative option.

I'm currently waiting for an assessment for an official adult autism diagnosis. Have already waited 10 months. They gave me a rough idea of 18 months to wait at the start, and I've been high priority for a while now too, so hopefully I won't have too much longer to wait. Shall see.

See y'all around here.

Report PostReport post

14 minutes ago, Buta said:

Came here after receiving the sad news that Autism Connect plans to close down. I wish all the best to this forum as an alternative option.

I'm currently waiting for an assessment for an official adult autism diagnosis. Have already waited 10 months. They gave me a rough idea of 18 months to wait at the start, and I've been high priority for a while now too, so hopefully I won't have too much longer to wait. Shall see.

See y'all around here.

Hi @Buta welcome to the forum. Great to have you with us.

Yep sadly the waiting lists for diagnosis seem to be similar everywhere. The waiting lists here are about 18-24 months. 

Report PostReport post

Just now, Gavin said:

Hi @Buta welcome to the forum. Great to have you with us. 

Yep sadly the waiting lists for diagnosis seem to be similar everywhere. The waiting lists here are about 18-24 months. 

Thanks for warm welcome. :)

Yeah, it is a very sad state of affairs. Hopefully someday the process will be improved in future so people aren't left waiting as long as they are now. I have thought about going private instead, but I don't think that option's results are always trusted so I'm unsure about doing that. Will wait on the NHS for now I guess.

Report PostReport post

1 minute ago, Buta said:

Thanks for warm welcome. :)

Yeah, it is a very sad state of affairs. Hopefully someday the process will be improved in future so people aren't left waiting as long as they are now. I have thought about going private instead, but I don't think that option's results are always trusted so I'm unsure about doing that. Will wait on the NHS for now I guess.

Yeah sadly most local authorities don't take on board private diagnosis. There isn't any law that says they can refuse them but they do and people often have a battle to get them to recognise a private diagnosis. It's ridiculous really. 

Report PostReport post